Thursday, November 6, 2008

Friend Prayer Warrior, Do you have one?

In Exodus 17 when Joshua was fighting the Amalekites, Moses, Aaron and Hur were at the top of a hill looking down upon the battle. When Moses had his staff raised, Joshua (with the Lord) was winning the battle, but when Moses arms would get tired and lower, the Amalekites would be winning. So when Moses' hands grew tired, they (Aaron and Hur) took a stone and put it under him and he sat on it. Aaron and Hur held his hands up - one on each side so that his hands remained steady. We need friends and family like this, to hold us up when we are losing the battle to encourage and pray for us! To go to the battle with us and walk in prayer for us DAILY to help us win the battle, to be a prayer warrior for and with us!

Do you have a friend or group of friends that pray for you on a daily basis? I have found just today how important that really is. I have a friend that has been praying for me about how I spend money. I have discovered that when I am bored, unhappy, or mad at my husband, I like to go and spend money! Ugh.. it is an ugly thing about me as I am supposed to be wise with money. This is something I am working on and with the Lord's help, it is coming under control. This last week, some of us took a trip to Canton. I have been before and man, I spent a lot of money! There are such beautiful things for your house, spouse and man if you have a little girl, there is ton's of stuff. But all it is is stuff! More things for me to find a place for. So anyway, my friend had prayed that morning for us (me and her) to be conscious of our spending. Man it helped, I only spent about $125 including food! This is ENORMOUS for me. I spent well over $350 last trip and I only had Rylan then! So my friend at the end of the day with a smile on her face said she had prayed that morning for us. Looking back on the day, the MANY things that caught my eye, I found myself not having to REALLY talk myself out of buying. Sure I had to think about the purchase but it didn't bother me to just put it down and say not now! (there is this one certain hat I wish I had bought myself though)Then just last night I had said to her, "I don't know if you are still praying about my financial situation but it is working if you are" She shook her head and said that YES, she still was! That explains while all this week, I have not been to town once to "pick up that one item that we NEED". I am staying away from town and it is ok. I don't feel like I am missing anything! I am really content and that is because of the prayers my friend is sending up for me!
So if you don't have a close friend, someone in a group of yours that you can trust to really pray for you, I advise you get on your knees and ask the Lord to show you who you can trust to pray for your needs. Even ones that you think may be small ones! It is awesome to have someone like that in your life to encourage you and most of all PRAY FOR YOU! Thank you friend, you know who you are!

No comments: