Monday, September 1, 2008

Happy 4th Birthday Girls!

















WOW !!! I can't believe it! Where has four years gone? Life passess so quickly yet so slowly at times. I told Russ after putting the kids to bed last night, Now our lives are going to go so fast!

I had such a pleasant day yesterday preparing for the girls party. I made two round cakes. I wanted both of the girls to have their own cake and also Avery kept saying she wanted a green cake and Micah kept saying she wanted a blue cake. Yes twins, just like other children have their own individual thoughts, ideas and desires. I picked up a strawberry cake from Walmart with some cream cheese icing and put food color in the icing to change the color. I had so much fun making the cakes. The girls woke up while I was in the shower so my amazing son came to the rescue! He made "a wall" around the cakes so his sisters could not see them on the stove cooling off. He pushed the cakes back into the corner and put our bread and a towel in front of the cakes which worked because the girls did not see them. Russ came from mowing gammy and pops yard and he was pulling a trailer with Raelynn in the back! The girls love Raelynn so much so they were quite surprised! Russ took the girls for a ride and I was off to ice the cakes. Gammy, Pops,Nanaw, Adreane and Raelynn were our guests later that evening.

Earlier I had hung pink streamers and balloons and had the green table cloth left over so I threw that on. I had done this in the morning. When I announced to the girls that today all they were getting was decorations for their birthday, Micah started crying saying I wanted a baby for my birthday, a baby that swims! It was so sad but little did she know, I had already gotten the doll for them. l

So later while everyone was outside playing, I put the cakes and presents on the table. The girls were so excited to come in and see the candles lit with presents on the table. We sang happy birthday twice, once to each girl. This made them feel so happy! When they were opening their gifts, they weren't allowed to look at each others gifts. It ruins the surprise for the one who sees the gift that has already been opened. I think later, we will turn the girls backs to each other so they won't be so rushed in opening. At times, they each unwrap slower than the other.
I absolutely loved seeing them giggle while we sang to them and then the pure surprise when they unwrapped that baby doll. I did get a little emotional as I always do. The cirlcle of life is so sad and joyous all at the same time!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: