Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentines Day












Avery spinning the cake. This is what her and Micah call stirring.


















Rylan is so proud to help out!











Here they kids are making a funny face but I think Avery is just about out of energy with her being sick and all.










Russ is proud of HIS buttermilk pie!!!

This week Avery has ended up with the Flu!!! She is the one in the white bow. She is almost over it thank goodness. She didn't get the full fledge illness because I believe it was caught pretty early. Dr. Faehnle gave us medicine for Micah as well to prevent her from getting ill but the medicine is so yucky they hate taking it. Micah is pretty easy to bribe. I bribed her with balloon catching with me and she stepped right up! They love playing with balloons. Well Avery has a little of a stubborn streak! I ended up having to help her along with taking her meds!



So for Valentines, the kids helped me to cook a buttermilk pie just for Dad! Buttermilk and choc. meringue pie is a favorite of ours lately just cause I have actually accomplished making them! I must admit they are pretty good! I get the choc. pie recipe from my granny and grandpa Hallmark and the buttermilk recipe came from mom.



I wanted not only share Valentines with Russ but I also wanted to make it something special for the kiddos so they will look back and have a warm memory. So I got out my pretty red table cloth, candles and cooked chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, green beans and salad with cucumbers, carrots and cheese. Russ has especailly been working hard and extra hours lately so I really wanted him to get to come home to a good home cooked meal. I usually have something cooked when he gets home but it is usually something easy such as sloppy joes, chicken pot pie, tacos, etc. Russ says my meals are getting better, compared to the bar-b-q weenies I first made when we were dating. He hated those even though it is a favorite of mine. I won't tell you what he said about them but his compliment of my cooking getting better makes me proud to know he thinks that!


So anyway back to Valentines, I wanted to get some pictures so the kids would remember. I also picked them up some chocolates for the girls and Rylan got some heart cards and football cups from both Russ and I. WE HAD SUCH A NICE DINNER CONVERSATION AND THE NIGHT WAS TRULY A MEMORABLE ONE I WON'T FORGET AND MAKES ME GLAD I PUT IN THE TIME AND EFFORT FOR MY FAMILY!

No comments: