Friday, May 15, 2009

Handful of Weeds

You may or may not know I am the spiritual leader in my home. I am no doubt good at this! I am human. One day I know that I will not be leading that role in my life because I have faith that Russ will be in that role one day in God's timing. This is very hard for me to accept on some days. I want to have my pity party and say why me but this song "Handful of weeds" reminds me of the future when I hope my children can sing this song and truly think this about me. I am not perfect, I yell, I want alone time, my house is never kept up but all in all the only important thing I want for my kiddos is for them to know the love of our Heavenly Savior! And even though I sin every stinkin day and they see this in me, I can teach them through my days of stumbling as a parent! When I yell, I can ask them for forgiveness and then tell them, I am going to have to ask forgiveness from my father. I hope that they won't hold my sin against me but see the grace and forgiveness that our father give to us when only we ask and it happens faster than a snap of your fingers. Thank you Father!

No comments: