Monday, May 11, 2009

One of Rylan's Last

Rylan and I read this book named Let me hold you longer by Karen Kingsbury. If you have a son, mom you have got to get this book. I havn't read it not once without crying. In fact we take bets to see if I can make it without crying! The book talks about remembering the last time your son sleeps with his raged old bear, the last time you have to rock him, his last midday nap, your last bat a little league, the last time you help him with a spelling test and on and on....For come some bright fall morning you'll be going far away. College life beckons in a brillant sort of way. One last hug, one last good-bye, one quick hurried kiss. One last time to understand just how much you'll be missed. I'll watch you leave and think how fast our time together passed. Let me hold on longer God to every precious last. (See told you it is tear jerking)

So the other day, I am packing a lunch for Rylan's fieldtrip. I had one last brown bag with spiderman on it. Thinking I would surprise himby filling this bag with his lunch, I got it all neatly packed. When I handed him his lunch with a proud grin, he replied, Gol mom, this is for babies! Well I knew I was in a moment of one of Rylan's lasts and it just made my eyes whell up with huge crocodile tears! I just had to latch onto him and give him a big ol hug.

1 comment:

The Jones' said...

Oh my goodness! I read the "I'll Love You Forever" book to my kids all the time and we just skip the last part because the tears fall! I'm afraid to read this one but now I have too!!!